Welcome to the Volleyball Coaches Portal. This site is intended to be one stop shopping for all news about volleyball across the greater philadelphia region. If you have information that should be shared, please email it to Greg at firstname.lastname@example.org or Roger at email@example.com Thank you and we hope you find the site useful and informative.
Good Luck to all as the season begins.
Coaches please report scores, with the pursuit of trying to go High School volleyball in the press this is what has been requested from the Philadelphia Inquirer;
Teams can report scores to us at 215-854-4570 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. All teams are welcome to report scores and highlights to us, and we'll include the scores and schedules of everyone who reports to us on the scoreboard of our Rally page in the Inquirer and online at Philly.com. We will include some volleyball highlights in our daily roundups when space and time permits.
Volley talk is a free web site on which fans coaches, players and others interested in volleyball post questions and seek comments on many subjects.
On the current list of subjects talked about is :
THE CONCEPT OF GUARANTEED COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIPS.
I urge you to read the offering from a Commentator called DUMAS on page 3 of the thread.
You owe it to yourself and your child to read and understand the immense misunderstanding about collegiate scholarships.
PLEASE JOIN A CLUB THAT TEACHES, AND INSTRUCTS ON THE WAYS OF PLAYING THE GAME NOT WHAT CANNOT BE PROMISED.
8/22 @ Parkland with Southern Lehigh, Central Bucks East
8/24 @ Great Valley with Villa, PW, and AB Carroll at 1:00
8/24 @ Chi Chester 3:45pm with Kennett HS
8/25 @ Academy Park 3:00pm with Coatesville and Oxford
8/25 @ Ridley 3:00pm with Garnet Valley, Penncrest and Academy of Notre Dame
8/25 @ Lower Merion 3:30pm with WC Henderson
8/25 @ Downingtown West 4:00pm with Norristown
8/25 @ Octorara 5:00pm with Epherta
8/26 @ Academy of Notre Dame 1:30pm with Cherokee HS (Marlton, NJ)
8/26 @ Downingtown East 2pm with Hatboro Horsham and Strath Haven
8/26 @ WC Rustin 3:45pm with Interboro
8/27 @ WC East 3:45pm with Penncrest
8/27 @ Bishop Shanahan HS 4:30pm with Berks Catholic, Delone Catholic and Ursuline (DE)
8/27 @ PJP II with Lansdale Catholic, Allentown Central, and Merion Mercy
8/28 @ Unionville 10am with Conestoga
8/28 @ Octorara 10:00am with Marple Newtown
8/28 @ Upper Dublin 3:30pm with Gwynedd Mercy Academy
8/28 @ Concord 3:30pm with Sun Valley
9/1 @ Strath Haven 3:30pm with Unionville
9/1 @ Oxford 3:30pm with Elkton (MD)
9/1 @ PW 4pm with CB East and Pennsburry
9/1 @ WC Henderson 4:00pmwith CR South and WC Rustin
9/2 @ Academy of Notre Dame 3:30pm with Lower Merion
9/2 @ North Penn 3:45pm with Gwynedd Mercy Academy
9/2 @ Great Valley 4:00pm with Lansdale Catholic and Hatboro Horsham
9/2 @ Villa Maria 4:00pm with Downingtown East
9/2 @ Bishop Shanahan HS 4:30pm with PJP II, Parkland, O’Hara, Perk Valley and Emmaus
New Playoff Seeding Procedure!
VOLLEYBALL POWER RATING
Here is a step by step description of the ranking process:
1. Only best of 5 matches are to be included; abbreviated matches, such as those played in tournaments, are to be excluded.
2. Only best of 5 matches with PIAA schools are to be included ; matches with non-PIAA schools are to be excluded.
3. District one teams that play matches with PIAA teams that are outside of District One, are responsible for obtaining end of season win/loss records of those opponents to have them included in the ranking calculation.
4. The ranking calculation weighs two factors; a team’s season win/loss record, and the pre-district playoff win/loss records of that team’s PIAA opponents (as defined in steps 1-3).
5. An index will be calculated using 55% of a team’s own win/loss record (% matches won/total matches played), added to 45% of the combined win/loss records of its opponents. This formula is designed to reward teams that play competitive schedules.
6. Each District One team will be ranked for district playoffs using the 55/45 index, with the team with the highest total index ranked first, the team with the second highest index ranked second, and so on until all available seeds are determined.